When I moved to Germany last year, I was struck by how kind Germans can be! This morning, I wanted a carrot for ABC soup tomorrow.I headed to the market in Bad Godesberg and waited in line to pay for the said carrot. This gentle-faced lady told me I could have the carrot for free. I was really taken aback. Unless I bought a lot of vege back in KL and the seller throws in a few freebies to highten the feel good factor, I cannot imagine being given anything for free. It may not cost a lot but the gesture really made my day. I insisted on paying, she took 15c cents from me and gave me an apricot. Thinkig bout this makes my day. I think I shall buy all my veges from her from now on!
There will be more posts on kind Germans!
No comments:
Post a Comment