Was invited to a picnic and mass today at the St Thomas More church. I'm not entirely comfortable in a Catholic service and I've never believed in too much pageantry. The message of the service was lost on me.
We walked home and decided to swing by the cemetery. It was such a peaceful final resting place. Of course it helped that it was a lovely sunny day to begin with. The birds were chirping and the graves were lovingly tended with colourful blooming plants. We spotted a grave where a family member was cited as missing in Russia since the world war in 1942. How said it must be to never bury your loved one. The cemetery was so peaceful I told V he should bring his books and study there! We certainly cannot say the same for the cemeteries back in Msia which are typically unkempt and overgrown with lalang. Doesn't say much about how much the departed is loved, unless of course they've been dead for too long.
Here are some shots of another cemetery just as peaceful, facing the Rhein:




No comments:
Post a Comment