Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TikTok

I've been in Bonn 22 months. It seems not so long ago that I was consulting Leona and Richard on whether to take up the job offer. And not so long ago that I was crying into my pillow every night the week before I boarded my flight, it had seemed so unbearable to leave Vincent and Timmy behind.

Well time has caught up with us. Vincent is due to go home by June unless he gets a job. He can't be wasting away. And that means I will also be packing up by the first quarter of 2011. It's a pity because life here is good. And I love the short excursions to neighbouring countries. I would love to see as many of the famed paintings before I go home because I won't want to visit Europe for a long long time thereafter.

I should get organised and prioritise where else to visit. With a bit of planning cheaper tickets could be booked! Germanwings has this interesting concept of blind booking (think blind dates) - fares are dirt cheap but of course you don't know where you're headed!

And during Christmas when Europe shuts down, there are always the Muslim countries like Turkey and Morocco. I will have to keep meself busy when Vincent has gone home.

No comments:

Post a Comment